Sunday, May 26, 2013

About re-ups

From time to time I get questions to re-up files. As stated before, I have no access to my external hard drive from my very old PC. The good news is that the HD still works as a friend checked it on his laptop. But there are files damaged so that scares me a bit.
I can probably get a 5-years old laptop for free very soon so I can re-up files again. Just need money to buy a new laptop myself.
So please have patience when asking for new links. Also would like to let you know that I'm not going to re-up files endlessly. This blog is probably going in hiatus by the end of the year as I don't have any stuff to post for the moment and lost the drive for it as well.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Curious Guy... you are my musical mentor... thank you very much for all... about those re-ups... yes yes... they should put your hard-drive with a supercomputer on a bunker somewhere in Greenland or elsewhere safe from human extinction. Cheers mate, you rule

Pawel said...

Maybe you will be able to re-up just one album - Tattoo Hosts Vision On! It is deleted from all sites. Please!

High on the Hog said...

Hey Curious Guy,
I just wanted to let you know before you go on your hiatus that I've been perusing your blog for the last couple of years, but never thanked you for introducing me to such great music! I've been hosting a post-punk show on a college radio station for the last few years and many of my favorite tunes have come from your blog. I also want to thank you for the work you've put into creating access to these rare gems. Will miss your blog when it retires.

Curious Guy said...

Thanks for the kind words Emilie. A lot of the early blogs are getting finished. The well runs dry after a while.

Tonho Vanzo said...

Well, always make a backup also in good quality Blue Rays or DVDs. Best you add from year to year from a external HD to other external HD. I think best you also to have a online backup, there's various online backups with low price. So you will own your masterpieces forever. Never use only a backup.