Sunday, March 23, 2014
V/A Painting The Fence Red LP
four bands on this one. The record starts with Best Foot Forward!. Bass, drums, sax and vocals give us poppy, funky stuff. The least interesting band on this one.
Next is Easter & The Totem themselves. Their records are very hard to find but they released a discography album 'Agit Pop 1981-2011' which you can buy/download on CD Baby. The tracks on this comp. are included as well.
On side B we have Keeping Up With The Reagans, an indie band I know nothing about. 'Brixton Riots' is the standout track.
Last is Cultural Thugs AKA Nigel Laybourne. Only a few tracks on a handful of compilations were released by Cultural Thugs. If you dig the electro bands on labels like Rouska or Concrete Productions, you need to hear this. Nigel is a wellknown producer of UK hiphop acts like Blade, The Herbalizer and London Posse.
This album should come with an insert with info on the bands but my copy hasn't one.
Painting The Fence Red LP (Idealogical Sound Records-TOTEM 2-198?)
1. Best Foot Forward! - With Or Without You
2. Best Foot Forward! - How Can I Let You Know?
3. Best Foot Forward! - Sexual Thing
4. Best Foot Forward! - Crying Out
5. Easter & The Totem - The Tyranny Of Reason
6. Easter & The Totem - Greater Than Ourselves
7. Easter & The Totem - Duplicity
8. Keeping Up With The Reagans - Just Thought Of You
9. Keeping Up With The Reagans - Brixton Riots
10. Keeping Up With The Reagans - Rainy Season
11. Cultural Thugs - Force
Painting The Fence Red (320)
Painting The Fence Red - Side A (FLAC)
Painting The Fence Red - Side B (FLAC)