Saturday, February 09, 2008

Party Day / I'm Dead / Spot The Dog

This weekend's offer is a collection of 3 singles of UK bands Party Day, I'm Dead and Spot The Dog.


As promised, here's the first 7" of Party Day. 'Row The Boat Ashore' was re-recorded for the 'Glasshouse' album. 'Poison' is an exclusive track. Comes in a red cloth cover with insert (scanned).
Now the Party Day discography is complete.

Row The Boat Ashore 7" (Party Day Records-FX 301-1983)
1. Row The Boat Ashore
2. Poison

Party Day


Next one is the sole 7" of I'm Dead. A bit of a cult band. Had a hard time finding a copy. Great gothpunk. The band also have a track 'Page After Page' on a split flexi with punkband Epidemic, released by Grim Humour fanzine. On the back of the 7" it states that there's also a 6-track tape. Fritz once sent me a file he found with 11 tracks. So I guess they did some recordings for comp. tapes as well. But I don't know which tracks are on the tape and where the other tracks come from. Member Keith Goldhanger played later in Bastard Kestrel and Headbutt.

Second Identity 7" (Goldhanger Records-GLUM 001-1983)
1. Second Identity
2. The Sentence

I'm Dead


The last one is the only 7" of Spot The Dog. Sorrow-Vomit pointed me out on this one as he found out this is actually the band before Diatribe, who released a 12" on Criminal Damage. Nothing groundbreaking here. 'Toy' is the best track IMO.

Toy 7" (Diätribe-DIÄT 018-1982)
1. Toy
2. Drop In The Ocean

Spot The Dog

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for this post was wondering if you have the album of the band Company Of State?

Curious Guy said...

Can't help you with the Company Of State album, sorry.

Fritz die Spinne said...

I'll post the I'm Dead tape next week, CG. Thanks for their 7"!

Fritz die Spinne said...

CG,
I posted that demo for your readers on my own blog. Hope some more data comes to light.

I also posted Grinning Plowmen, who I think you'll dig.

F.

Anonymous said...

'Toy' is a great track.

Anonymous said...

Don't know exactly why but I like this single by I'm dead a lot. The A side reminds me of Zounds and of Vendino Pact, which isn't a bad thing at all. Thank you!

W. said...

I'd love it if you could repost Spot The Dog.

Many thanks.

Curious Guy said...

New link for Spot The Dog. Enjoy!