Friday, December 14, 2007

Five Or Six - Cántame Esa Canción Que Dice, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah LP


Spanish label Edigsa seemed to release records for the Spanish audience, especially from the Cherry Red label as well as bands like Joy Division.
This album of Five Or Six is more than that. Instead of chosing already released recordings, Five Or Six made a compilation of mostly unreleased stuff. 'Another Reason' already appeared on the debut 7", 'Polar Exposure' on the mini-album of the same name, as well as 'Lost Cause'. 'Exhibit A' appeared on the 'A Thriving And Happy Land' but this version here is live.
All the other tracks never appeared on other recordings and there are some really good ones like 'Chalk Circle' with female vocals of Julia Gilbert.
Five Or Six are one of my favourite experimental wave bands from that period. I wonder how many more recordings they did that are never released.

Cántame Esa Canción Que Dice, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah LP (Edigsa-15L0503-1982)
1. F For Fake
2. Another Reason
3. Lost Cause
4. Polar Exposure
5. Three Decisive Events
6. Chalk Circle
7. That Strange Feeling
8. Sleepwalk
9. Exhibit A
10. Trampolining
11. You, The Night And The Music

Five Or Six

19 comments:

Anonymous said...

great great blog.please upload more trisomie 21 to download.please......

Curious Guy said...

All the Trisomie 21 records I have are already posted. Don't have more, sorry.

433 RPM said...

five or six is great. it's a pity that cherry red holds the rights very tied and never any of this comes on CD - i know, i tried

433rpm

Curious Guy said...

Let's hope that Cherry Red does a proper reissue of Five Or Six in the future.

Anonymous said...

ok ...thanks..

Curious Guy said...

Jim, maybe I'll get more Trisomie 21 from someone else.

Anonymous said...

great stuff again. thanks a lot!

cheerz

Anonymous said...

Hi, I just bought this very record this morning. Searching for some info, I reached this blog. Congrats, and read you from now on.

Anonymous said...

Hello, your blog is great. I really appreciate the amount of work you do to save these treasures from obscurity. I've a question: can you also post 'Polar Exposure' mini-lp and 'Another Reason' 7" and 'Four from Five or Six' 12" too? It'd would be great. Thanx for your amazing blog again.

Curious Guy said...

Per23, you can find the 'Polar Exposure' in my archives. Don't have the 'Another Reason' 7" but I do have the 'Four From' 12".

Anonymous said...

Yes, I did find 'Polar Exposure' on your blog and on my PC as well. Stupid me. ;-) Do you have plans for putting 'Four From' up on your blog?

Anonymous said...

hmm, i just finished listening to this...is it possible that Death in Vegas stole the 'Another Reason' melody for their famous 'Dirge' song? it seems to me the resemblance is striking!

Anonymous said...

Just purchased "Acting On Impulse - The Best Of Five Or Six" CD. Released this year on CR, #CDMRED324. My first introduction and a good one!!

Coco Becerra (Pepe Boada) said...

thank you for remenber this to me.

ROOKSBY said...

Hey Curious,

Could you consider doing me a massive favour & re-up this LP at some point? I'd really appreciate it, I've been listening to Five Or Six's other stuff an awful lot recently (was only familiar with "Portrait" for a LONG time) & this is the only thing I've not heard...

Hope you can help, & thanks!

Curious Guy said...

I'll try to re-up this weekend. Maybe I'll re-rip the record if I can find it easily.

ROOKSBY said...

Cheers, would really appreciate it!

Curious Guy said...

Novemberer, new link is added. Enjoy!

ROOKSBY said...

Much appreciated Curious, great LP btw!