Saturday, January 24, 2009

V/A From Montreal... 7"


I already uploaded this for Fritz so I can post it here as well.
Fritz was interested in hearing the Condition songs on this one. Some members of this band later formed The Pallbearers who released the superb 'Phantom Pain' album. Condition are described as urban-primitive swing on this compilation. They have a cassette album 'Dirty Business' on OG and 'Mumbo Jumbo' LP on Psyche Industry.
Next band is Deja Voodoo. Two guys making some lo-fi primitive garage rock. They are also the people behind the OG Records label.
Terminal Sunglasses are more indie. They also released an LP on OG Records 'Wrap Around Cool' in 1985.
American Devices are an instrumental band. The only other known track of theirs appears on the classic 'Primitive Air Raid' comp. LP on Psyche Industry.

V/A From Montreal... 7" (OG Records-OG3-1983)
1. Condition - It's Too Hot Too
2. Condition - Wet Shoes
3. Deja Voodoo - Someone In My House
4. Deja Voodoo - Rock Therapy
5. Deja Voodoo - Cemetery
6. Terminal Sunglasses - My Cat Got Run Over By A Bus
7. American Devices - Hitler Was A Jew

From Montreal

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks, sounds interesting, dont believe I have heard of any of those bands.

Fritz die Spinne said...

V.,

I have Mumbo Jumbo here, and have not put the platter down to spin. Hope to get it on the pile of wax I must rip....


Thanks again.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for posting this. This has been a favorite of mine for many many years now! :)

Anonymous said...

I have the original vinyl of this. It was given to me by some old dude at my work. Can't listen to it though. Don't have the equipment.

sonofgod1233 said...

Hi I am Indian Feast the geneva band, nice to see my record there, some explanations, loneliest person is a cover from the pretty things sf sorrow album late 60'
the label helvete underground was not run by copulation but by record shop owner SOUNDS, voila , I am now working on some unrelaesed material ,lets keep in touch,and ...we must bleed folks

Lightning Baltimore said...

I saw American Devices on a family trip to Canada in the summer of 1983. They were pretty cool. A bit after this compilation, they released a full-length LP (with plenty of singin') called Decensortized. A CD jam-packed with stuff from throughout their career came out a few years ago.

MySpace page

the carp said...

just want to say Condition rules. one of the best, underrated bands i have ever heard.

Team Awesome said...

I was wondering if there was any way this could get re-upped as I have been looking for this comp forever and Mediafire has killed the link.

Curious Guy said...

New link. Enjoy!

raul_dook said...

any chance you could reupload this? thank you! cheers from california

Curious Guy said...

New link. Enjoy!

CARLOS said...

new link please!!!, i want to listen this great 7''

Curious Guy said...

New link. Enjoy!