Saturday, May 26, 2007
V/A Raging Sun LP
Probably the very first release on Leeds label Rouska Records. A lot of diverse stuff on this one here.
The first 2 tracks are Mel-O-Tones related I think. Some tracks have already been issued on other releases like the ones of Shop Assistants, The Inca Babies, Bogshed and Party Day (title track of their 2nd 7"). Spig is spoken word.
I know of 2 different sleeves of this record. I think my copy is the most common one. There's no release date mentioned but I guess it was released in 1985.
V/A Raging Sun LP (Rouska Records-RANT 001-198?)
1. Martin-A-Mel-O-Tone - Toxteth Ablaze
2. Well Martin This Is Different - Blood Like Water
3. Shop Assistants - All That Ever Mattered
4. The Inca Babies - Burying The Swagger
5. Bogshed - Hand Me Down Father
6. Spig - The Fridge
7. Strength - One More Chance
8. Dik Dik Dimorphic - Typecast
9. The Cassandra Complex - Fragile
10. Party Day - Spider
11. The Deadpan Tractor - Graveyard Town
12. The Wedding Present - Living And Learning
13. Third Circle - Go South